Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby Chloe- Baby Shower for my sister, Arianne.

Again, this blog is mostly showing you the outcome and not the steps to doing any of these crafts, but from now on, I promise to post step by step processes of each of the crafts I post here.  If you have any questions about any of the crafts I post, please feel free to contact me!

My sister, Arianne was pregnant with her second daughter, due in April.  She is mostly absent in the pictures because she was actually at her OBGYN because of contractions!  They turned out to be nothing and she ended up coming back just in time to open gifts and snag a few red-velvet cupcakes.  The theme she wanted was little birds or chicks, thankfully it was very close to Easter, so a lot of Chicky things were available.  Enjoy!

Here is the basic theme in a nutshell.  The colors were pinks, oranges, blues and greens.  I used plastic eggs, moss and a planter to make this table piece.  The bird is stitched with brown thread, something I only attempted once or twice because it didn't look too great up close.  
I used a pattern to make these chicks out of colored card stock and did the same for the contrasting wing colors.  They are outlined with a thin brown marker- the stitching too too long and didn't always come out looking great.  I thought these were adorable!
Another chick up close.  I hung them with jute string (one of my favorite things!) on the centerpiece of the buffet table.  It looked great!
The hardest thing to tackle for this event was these pompoms!  I used the almighty Martha Stewart's how-to for tissue paper pom poms, although I don't think any of mine turned out as full or as beautiful as hers did.  I did them in an array of different colors, trying to stick with the theme.  I found a much better method of creating full, beautiful pom poms that I will post about soon!
I also made these give aways- Iced sugar cookie chicks.  I always appreciate it when I go to a party where they feed me well and send me off with something sweet to eat for later on.  They were a big hit!
The give away table set up with my chick planters.  "C" was for Charlotte or Chloe or Cameron, the name hadn't been decided at the time, so she just asked me to scatter little "C"'s everywhere. 
The kitchen set up.  I also made the white  hanging ruffle on the right side of the screen, but there isn't a close up of them, so I'll include them in another blog.
A few of the ladies enjoying the shower, even without the celebrant.  It was a little while after this photo that she made it back safely, still preggers. 
Baby showers are such fine times to use your creativity.  Making special decorations for the shower, instead of buying all of them puts a unique and personal touch on the event.  Look around online for good inspiration and try your hand at DIY!  You'll be surprised at the outcome and glad that you put some extra love in making such a wonderful occasion even more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment